Queens Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Trusted Motorcycle Accident Lawyers In Queens, NY
Every year, thousands of people in New York are involved in motorcycle accidents, and unfortunately, 141 of these accidents result in wrongful death. While motorcycling can be enjoyable with proper care and respect from drivers, reckless behavior on the road can lead to disastrous outcomes.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Our Queens motorcycle accident lawyers can help you file a personal injury claim against the driver at fault and their insurance company to recover your losses. We work hard to ensure our clients receive the highest amount of compensation possible and we only charge a fee if we recover funds on your behalf. Contact us today for a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys.
Determining Fault In Motorcycle Accidents
If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, a lawyer who specializes in motorcycle accidents can assess the factors of your case to determine who is legally responsible. Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may have grounds to seek compensation from:
- Other motorists involved in the accident
- Bus drivers
- Shipping truck drivers
- Transportation companies
- Employers of at-fault drivers or pedestrians
- At-fault government agencies
- And more
It is important to have a Queens motorcycle accident lawyer investigate your case as there may be multiple parties responsible for the collision. At Rosenberg & Rodriguez, we will work diligently to obtain the compensation you are entitled to from all liable parties.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorists can suffer various injuries as a result of a motorcycle crash, and it is crucial to treat every injury seriously, regardless of how minor it may appear initially. Certain types of physical trauma can affect your life in ways that may not be apparent right away. Typical injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents include:
- Head injuries
- Back injuries
- Fractures and other broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Neck injury
- Spinal injuries
- Sprains and soft tissue damage
- Wrongful death
- Nerve damage
It is important to contact a motorcycle accident attorney in Queens, NY, regardless of the severity of your injuries, to explore all legal options. Rosenberg & Rodriguez has experience in fighting for the rights of motorists to ensure they receive the full financial recovery they deserve.
Motorcycle Laws In New York State
The New York State Department of Health requires all motorcyclists to wear helmets that meet the safety standards set by the federal Department of Transportation. Research shows that helmets can save lives in motorcycle accidents. According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approved helmets can reduce the risk of fatal injuries by 37% and life-changing head injuries by 69%.
New York law requires all motorcyclists to wear either protective eyewear or a helmet with a built-in visor for their safety. Additionally, there are other features in a motorcycle helmet that can enhance safety.
- Helmets with thermoplastic or reinforced composite shells: These materials bolster helmets with a strong outer shell, providing a robust first line of defense against head injuries in collisions.
- Full-face helmets: Full-face helmets offer riders the most protection for the face, head, and chin. Riders still have enough visibility to keep them safe when wearing even full-face helmets.
- Snell Memorial Foundation certification: This organization conducts thorough safety testing on motorcycle helmets, including tests of the shell, chin bar, and face shield.
If you did not have a helmet on during the collision, don’t worry. We will work hard to get justice for you. Our Queens motorcycle accident lawyer will fight for fair compensation if the insurance company tries to reject or lessen your claim.
Most Recent Motorcycle Accident Settlement
$600 MILLION SETTLEMENT
FOR A MOTORCYCLIST HIT BY AN UBER DRIVER IN QUEENS, NY.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do Motorcycle Accidents Occur in Queens?
Motorists in Queens are more prone to injuries in accidents with other vehicles compared to cars and trucks. This is because the rider has little protection from the pavement below.
Motorcycle accidents are frequent in Queens, with 66 occurring in just one month. The majority of these accidents were caused by distracted driving and following too closely. While they happened on various streets and intersections, some areas in Queens are more hazardous than others. Some of the most perilous streets and intersections in Queens are known.
- Interstate 495
- Brooklyn-Queens Expressway
- Queens Boulevard
- Van Wyck Expressway
- Belt Parkway
- Cross Island Parkway
- Grand Central Parkway
- Northern Boulevard
- Woodhaven Boulevard
- Union Turnpike
What Should I Do After A Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents tend to cause severe injuries and a disordered accident scene. If you experience such a collision, you may feel stressed due to the commotion around you. To safeguard your well-being, security, and personal rights, try to follow the steps mentioned below following your motorcycle accident.
- Call the police: If you’re involved in a motorcycle accident in Queens, make sure to call 911 right away. The police will arrive at the scene quickly to give you emergency medical aid and investigate the crash. They’ll also create a police report that includes all the important information and findings. This report can serve as essential evidence if you choose to pursue legal action.
- Collect evidence: Try to take as many photos and videos of the accident scene as you can. Be sure to include photographs of your visible injuries, the vehicles involved in the crash, skid marks on the road, traffic signs near the accident scene, weather conditions, and any other details that can help demonstrate what happened.
- Get information from other drivers: Make sure to get the name, contact information, driver’s license number, and insurance information from every driver involved in the collision.
- Check for witnesses: If any witnesses were present at the accident scene and saw the crash. Get their name and contact information. Their statements can provide you with valuable evidence when trying to prove fault and damages.
- Call a Queens motorcycle accident lawyer: It is important to contact a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer in Queens who specializes in motorcycle accidents immediately after being involved in one. They can promptly investigate the crash and collect crucial evidence to support your case.
How Much Time Do I Have To File A Claim After A Motorcycle Accident In Queens, NY?
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash in Queens, you must file a claim within three years from the date of the accident. After this time, you will not be able to receive compensation for your injuries. However, there are certain circumstances that may affect this time period. To ensure you do not miss your deadline, it is important to consult an experienced Queens motorcycle injury attorney who can advise you on the matter.
Contact Our Queens Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
Rosenberg & Rodriguez can provide assistance if you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident in the Bronx. Our experienced team of motorcycle accident lawyers in Queens, NY will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the highest possible compensation for all expenses related to your injury.
Our personal injury attorneys are available to provide legal assistance if you or someone you know has been injured in a motorcycle accident. We have a history of successfully representing victims with severe injuries, and we would be happy to do the same for you. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help.